Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Bed for a Street-Child for a Week; £15

Does this guy look comfortable as he sleeps?
- silly question.

Having had M.E. for the last 4 years or so, I've been doing much more sleeping than I used to. My big comfy double-bed at Liz's house is great, as is my big comfy futon at my Mother's house in Glasgow (not that I'm up there much, but I will be over Christmas).

I've already got 2 beds - and I'd rather like another one {scroll to number 1} this Christmas.It's not for me though - and it's rather further from London, where I live, than Glasgow is. It'd give a child in Latin America a bed for a week. Doesn't sound like a huge contribution - but for a street-child it's a week of safe, warm, comfortable nights. Tragic that that should be special, isn't it?

Imagine that going to bed was exciting for the kids you know. For a week, bedtime might actually be exciting and positive for a child in one of the Latin American countries.

[ Toybox Charity, gifts for a street-child, www.toyboxcharity.org.uk ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home