Saturday, November 05, 2005

First Aid Kit; £30

If I'm going to stick something on myself, albeit to cover up a hole in my epidermus, I might as well make it fun and funky. I rather like amusingly decorated plasters - and have sported Bob the Builder, Winnie the Pooh, The Simpsons, Leopard Print, Spots, Stripes, Disney Princesses - on top of little grazes and cuts. I'm particularly fascinated by why on earth someone has designed plasters with pictures of sushi all over them (second row down, furthest left in the piccy), but they might as well.

It seems odd, then, when someone like me can wonder about whether their plaster matches their outfit (no, I don't by the way - but I could), while other people living in places where they are more likely to have a cut or scrape get infected than I am can't get even the most basic 'band aid' - no, Bob & Bono, not you... go and be old, irish and torturedly concerned somewhere else - a sticking plaster.

This first aid kit probably doesn't have plasters or bandages with Tweety Pie or the Superman logo all over them - but it will be appreciated and will do just as good a job in servicing basic first aid somewhere that needs it.

[ from Oxfam Unwrapped, www.oxfamunwrapped.com ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home